Pentecost Sunday marks the shift in the liturgical calendar from telling the story of Jesus, our Messiah and Savior, to telling the story of the church, the ones who choose to be disciples of Jesus the Christ.
On Pentecost Sunday we share in common the need to breathe, we are impacted by the same wind, we share in the same Spirit. Let us find ways this Pentecost Sunday to breathe in our unity and celebrate our oneness with God and each other. This is the day he breathed on us.
On this Trinity Sunday we celebrate a God who is not distant and aloof and apart, but a God who is present in what came to be through a word spoken in the void. We worship a God who came down like fire and burned a mission into our hearts.
- W&S: Worship and Song
- UMH: United Methodist Hymnal
- TFWS: The Faith We Sing
Trinity Sunday, Year A
- All Creatures of Our God and King UMH 62
- Lord, You Give the Great Commission UMH 584
- For the Beauty of the Earth UMH 92
- All Things Bright and Beautiful UMH 147
- God, the Sculptor of the Mountains TFWS 2060
- Day of Arising W&S 3086
- God of Wonders W&S 3034
- How Great Is Our God W&S 3003