Interested in working for a learning organization that values its employees and provides an opportunity to find meaning in what you do?
Discipleship Ministries is a general agency of The United Methodist Church, located in Nashville, Tennessee, in a campus setting near Vanderbilt University. Its buildings house the world-renowned Upper Room Chapel. Discipleship Ministries' mission is to provide resources and services to help every local church fulfill its primary task of making disciples of Jesus Christ.
We seek to fulfill this mission through the development and publication of program resources for use in the local church, the training of church leaders, and through the Upper Room ministries (which include the publication and distribution of international, interdenominational, religious devotional magazines and books for individuals and small groups).
We seek candidates with education and competencies (skills, attitudes, behaviors) that support its mission. Discipleship Ministries offers positions in the areas of:
- specialized ministries and program development
- book and magazine publishing
- resource development
- customer service
- financial services
- management information systems
- human resource management
- support services
Discipleship Ministries advocates a team work environment. It is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to Affirmative Action in all its practices related to recruitment, employment, promotions, and transfers within the agency.
Discipleship Ministries' regular full-time and part-time staff are eligible for a variety of employee benefits as outlined within the agency’s personnel handbook (eligibility for each benefit is based upon employment status). Some of the benefits offered to eligible staff include:
- Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance, Supplemental Life Insurance, and Dependent Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Agency Related Travel Insurance for Staff
- Retirement/Pension Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts (medical and dependent care)
- Paid Holidays (11)
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick, Bereavement and Personal Leave
- Tuition Assistance & Training and Development Opportunities
- Fitness Center Discounts
- Educational Assistance
- Worker’s Compensation Insurance
- Free Parking