Articles and Resources
- 21st Century Worship Resources for the First Sunday After the Epiphany, Year C
- Baptism of the Lord
- Resources in The United Methodist Book of Worship
- 21st Century Worship Resources for Epiphany 1C
- Resources for Human Relations Day/Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Beloved Child, Beloved Community (hymn)
- Celebrating the Life of Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.
God of Water and Wind: We worship this morning, grateful for the good things that fill our lives, but many of us carry within ourselves feelings of emptiness, unworthiness, disappointments, and failures. We desperately need to be reminded that, in our baptism—as in the one Jesus received— there is an affirmation that we are claimed and loved by you just as we are. We could do more; we could be better; yet you say to us, “My child, with whom I am well pleased.” May we open our hearts in generosity as those who are claimed as beloved children. In the name of the Son, who pleased you so well, we pray. Amen. (Luke 3:15-17, 21-22)
This following study guide has been prepared for use with youth and young people by Young People's Ministries. View Study Guide.
Graphics Downloads — Baptism of the Lord
16:9 PowerPoint/Projection Images (.jpg) — [Background]
4:3 PowerPoint/Projection Images (.jpg) — [Background]