Fellowship – Snacks or a Meal (10 minutes with snacks; longer, obviously, if there is a meal).
Gathering Time (5-10 minutes). In groups of two or three, have participants respond to the question, “How has the season of Lent prepared us for the Easter celebration?”
- Where do the first witnesses of the Resurrection show confusion and where do they show belief? [20:9, 15]
- How might the fears and expectations of Jesus’ followers after witnessing Jesus’ death shape their reaction to the news of Jesus’ resurrection?
- What questions about the Resurrection would you like to ask?
- What is your understanding of Jesus’ resurrection from the dead?
- How would you explain the hope and joy of Easter to a friend or coworker?
- How might you continue to celebrate Resurrection this coming Easter season?
Prayer (10 minutes). Share prayer requests and respond appropriately.
Sending Forth (2 minutes). End by praying the following or a similar prayer:
God of Resurrection and new life: You sent Jesus into the world to suffer, die, and be raised from the grave for the benefit of the world. Help us to experience the transforming power of the Resurrection in all our relationships. Amen.