Whether you call them “God sightings” or “glory moments,” being alert to the presence of God is a fundamental requirement for the disciple. Some might even argue that these discovery moments keep us going on the pathway to discipleship. They are oases or rest stops along the way that refresh us and remind us that we are not alone and that we do have strength for the journey.
Tenth Sunday after Pentecost, Year A
Worship is where we can announce that we are hungry for God. We come and call upon God to meet us in worship, fill us and send us out into the world, full of that presence and that hope. Worship this week can be a reminder that we are seeking the face of God, both when we gather and when we scatter.
- The God of Abraham Praise UMH 116
- Holy God, We Praise Thy Name UMH 79
- O Love That Wilt Not Let Me Go UMH 480
- Break Thou the Bread of Life UMH 599
- Here, O My Lord, I See Thee UMH 623
- All Who Hunger TFWS 2126
- Come, Share the Lord TFWS 2269
- God Be with You till We Meet Again UMH 672/673