Fellowship – Snacks or a Meal (10 minutes with snacks; longer, obviously, if there is a meal).
Gathering Time (5-10 minutes). In groups of two or three, have participants respond to the question, “Why should a Christian be in weekly worship?”
Group Dialogue (Approximately 30 minutes). Read: 2 Timothy 3:14-4:5.
- What parts of the Bible do you find most interesting? Which do you have the most difficulty with?
- What does 2 Timothy 3:16 mean to you? How does verse 17 consequently give purpose to verse 16?
- The apostle Paul notes people will have “itching ears.” What does it mean to have “itching ears”? How can “sound doctrine” be a helpful corrective for that?
- How is Paul’s admonition to “proclaim the message” (4:2) for all of us? [All are called to share our story.]
- (R) How might the church tell a better story? Why do people need the church?
Prayer (10 minutes). Share prayer requests and respond appropriately.
Sending Forth (2 minutes). End by praying the following or a similar prayer:
God of Grace and God of Glory, we praise you as the source of abundant life. We confess there have been times when we have been silent and have shied away from proclaiming your message. Give us the eyes to see opportunities to talk about your love and embolden us to serve as your mouthpieces through our actions and words. Amen.