The Meaning of Baptism in the United Methodist Church
The Meaning of Baptism in The United Methodist Church is a new companion booklet to By Water and the Spirit for individual and small group study. It is available for purchase at The Upper Room Bookstore or at no cost as a PDF download below.
Through baptism, we are born anew by the free gift of God and placed within this family called church. As with most families, we inherit a narrative, in this case God's mighty acts narrated in scripture. The narrative we inherit is not only one of the past, but one into which we are now invited and the Spirit empowers us to embody it in our own lives, here and now. Through baptism, we become part of that unfolding narrative of God's grace.
- DOWNLOAD THE MEANING OF BAPTISM [PDF]
- DOWNLOAD OR PURCHASE THE MEANING OF BAPTISM (SPANISH)
- DOWNLOAD БАПТИСМЫН УТГА УЧИР (MONGOLIAN) [PDF]
- DOWNLOAD អត្ថន័យនៃ ពិធីជ្រមុជទឹក ក្នុងក្រុមជំនុំ យូណៃធីតមេថូឌីស្ទ (KHMER) [PDF]
- DOWNLOAD ЗНАЧЕНИЕ КРЕЩЕНИ (RUSSIAN) [PDF]
- DOWNLOAD Ý NGHĨA VỀ BÁP-TÊM (VIETNAMESE) [PDF]
Dr. Mark W. Stamm, the developer of this resource, is Professor of Christian Worship at Perkins School of Theology, and author of several other Discipleship Resources titles including Our Membership Vows, Devoting Ourselves to the Prayers, Extending he Table, and Sacraments and Discipleship.