The Meaning of Holy Communion
Introduced at Annual Conferences in 2015, E. Byron Anderson's "The Meaning of Holy Communion" will help you understand the key elements of the theology and practice of Holy Communion in The United Methodist Church as contained in our official teaching document, This Holy Mystery, the official ritual of our Church, and Living into the Mystery: A United Methodist Guide for Celebrating Holy Communion.
- DOWNLOAD The Meaning of Holy Communion [PDF]
- DOWNLOAD 성찬의 의미 (Korean) [PDF]
- DOWNLOAD El Significado de la Santa Comunión en la Iglesia Metodista Unida (Spanish) [PDF]
- DOWNLOAD O Significado Da Santa Ceia (Portuguese) [PDF]
- DOWNLOAD Ko E ‘Uhinga ‘O E Komiumioni Toputapu (Tongan) [PDF]
- DOWNLOAD Ариун Зоогийн Утга Учир (Mongolian) [PDF]
- DOWNLOAD អត្ថន័យនៃ ពិធី លៀងព្រះអម្ចាស់ ក្នុងក្រុមជំនុំ យូណៃធីតមេថូឌីស្ទ (Khmer) [PDF]
- DOWNLOAD Ý NGHĨA VỀ TIỆC THÁNH Trong Giáo Hội Giám Lý Liên Hiệp (Vietnamese) [PDF]
This small book is ideal for small groups, communion stewards, altar guilds, Sunday school classes, seminarians, students in licensing schools, Course of Study or Lay Servant Ministry, and for pastors to use to develop a teaching or preaching series.
Dr. Anderson includes Frequently Asked Questions interspersed throughout the body of the text. An expanded FAQ for the web version of this resource is available as a PDF and a Word document.
We are thrilled to offer these downloadable versions free of charge. If you prefer a print edition of this resource, please visit the DIscipleship Resources bookstore to purchase The Meaning of Holy Communion.
E. Byron Anderson is Ernest and Bernice Styberg Professor of Worship at Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary in Evanston, Illinois, and an elder in the Minnesota Annual Conference.