"Let the little children come to me, and do not stop them; for it is to such as these that the kingdom of heaven belongs." – Matthew 19.14 NRSV
Resources for Leaders:
- Child Care and the Church– The United Methodist Church's commitment to "initiating, encouraging, and participating in the highest quality of child care for children and families, not only in the local community but also nationwide."
- Ministry Protection in the Child Care Center– The United Methodist Property and Casualty Trust [PACT] shares how to serve the best interest of the children by involving everyone in the operation of the child care ministry.
- Sharing Space– Discipleship Ministries of the UMC [Discipleship Ministries] shares how healthy communication is key to sharing space.
- Shared Space Checklist– Use this checklist to assist in issues around sharing space.
- Property, Estate and Third Party Leasing– The UMC General Council on Finance and Administration [GCFA] offers two resources to assist congregations in legal issues.
- Supervising Children– Discipleship Ministries reminds leaders of the basics of supervising children.
- Safe Sanctuaries– The UMC's mandate to reducing the risk of abuse in the Church.
- UMAP-Florida– United Methodist Association of Preschools – Florida [UMAP-FL] is available for support and guidance in accreditation and training.
- Contact Melanie Gordon at the Discipleship Ministries for resources, training, research and connection atmgordon@UMCdiscipleship.org.