How Do We Live Out the General Rule of Discipleship in Covenant Discipleship with Children?
To witness to Jesus Christ in the world and to follow His teachings through acts of compassion, justice, worship, and devotion under the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
Children and Adult Guides Practice
Acts of Devotion (listening and relating to God)
Acts of Worship (praising God with others)
Acts of Compassion (loving others)
Acts of Justice (serving in our world)
- Be a friend to a new student at school
- Help someone without being asked
- Write to someone who is sick
- Give money to a mission
- Learn about homlessness, and then teach others
- Email members of Congress about justice issues
- Organize an anti-bullying campaign
- Read your Bible
- Pray for covenant group members
- Pray for others
- Journal your questions for God
- Participate in Worship
- Lead in Worship
- Participate in the Sacraments
Growing Everyday Disciples: Covenant Discipleship with Children is available at the Upper Room online book store. Order a copy today.