Racial Ethnic Local Church Concerns
The purpose of the Discipleship Ministries Racial Ethnic Local Church Grants (RELCC) is to provide funding to strengthen the ethnic local church through leadership training, small groups, worship, stewardship, and spiritual formation as they engage in developing disciple-making systems inside the church walls as well as in the community. Priority is given to new programs/ministries that move churches to places where disciples are formed, grow, and make new disciples of Jesus Christ who will transform the world.
Discipleship Ministries 2017-2022 RELCC Grant Criteria
1. The ministry/project must be a project of a U.S.-based local United Methodist church or the United Methodist connectional system in the United States.
2. The ministry/project must contribute directly to the mission and ministry of making disciples of Jesus Christ and must be consistent with the doctrine and social principles of the United Methodist 2016 Book of Discipline.
3. The ministry/project must focus on developing and strengthening the racial ethnic local church for witness and mission.
4. The ministry/project must be related to one or more of the essential services provided by Discipleship Ministries, such as:
- Accountable Discipleship
- Christian Education
- Curriculum Resources
- Family & Life-Span Ministries
- Lay Ministries
- Leadership Development
- Spiritual Formation
5. The ministry/project must involve racial ethnic church members in the planning, leadership, and decision-making.
1. These are one-time grants. Programs previously funded are ineligible for additional funding.
2. The maximum grant is $10,000.00.
3. Funds are not provided for personnel, equipment, or building costs. Applicants are encouraged to consult with Discipleship Ministries staff for guidance in preparing the application.
4. A maximum of one grant per U.S. jurisdiction will be awarded.
5. The RELCC application is available online at: https://ypm-umc.smapply.io/
6. Applications are due September 1, 2021.