New Developer Orientation
By Rachel Gilmore
Every year, Path 1 hosts an orientation for new church developers to help them understand how church developers throughout our connection are implementing church revitalization and church planting in their annual conferences. It is also an opportunity to learn about some of the current practices and resources being used by church developers. This year, we opened the training to newly appointed district superintendents who want to understand their role as “missional strategists.”
Due to the pandemic, we are unable to meet in person in 2020, so we have compiled all the resource videos for you below. Dirk Elliot, from the Michigan Annual Conference, is one of the most experienced developers in the United Methodist Church. He is also a Path 1 Strategy Team member. Elliot graciously assisted us in organizing this “virtual orientation.” We hope to have an opportunity to engage in dialogue with you about the content at a later date in October.
- Analog Church Ministry with Scott Hughes and Bryan Tener
- One Board Model in the Church with Kay Kotan, Bryan Tener, and Rachel Gilmore
- Innovative Cooperative Parishes with Kay Kotan
- Lay Planter Training with Doug Ruffle
- Managing Conference Relationships with Bishop Schnase and Karen Horan
- Fresh Expressions with Luke Edwards, Shannon Kiser, and Mitch Marcello
- Church Revitalization with Gary Step
- Mission Insite with Peter Weaver
- How to Create New Opportunities for Mission and Ministry in Your Context with Candace Lewis
Questions? Please contact Rev. Rachel Gilmore at [email protected].
Rachel Gilmore is the Director of Recruiting, Assessing & Training for Church Planting with Path 1. She stays away from foliage but loves to plant other things like churches, preschools, and ideas in the minds of those looking for innovation and inspiration in the church.