Introducing Fresh Expressions United Methodist (FXUM)
By Michael Beck and Bener Agtarap
Across the global pan-Methodist family, teams of practitioners are cultivating new Christian communities with new people, in new places, and in new ways. We are collecting and sharing imagination, wisdom, and practices from across the connection to help resource local churches and church planters in this work.
Path 1 at Discipleship Ministries is excited to develop and execute a vision and strategic plan to further the FXUM movement within The United Methodist denomination and globally while curating a distinct FXUM in the Wesleyan theological tradition by empowering laity and clergy to cultivate contextual church plants in an increasingly diverse and post-Christendom context.
On the last Thursday of every month at 5:30 P.M., Central Time, we will provide free webinars featuring experts and practitioners, laity and clergy, from local and global perspectives, working in both traditional and non-traditional settings.
The first introductory webinar on April 28, “The Distinctives of Wesleyan Fresh Expressions,” will feature a panel of diverse practitioners. If you are looking for introductory material to read before you come, check out A Field Guide to Methodist Fresh Expressions.
We invite you to join us in catching this vision and joining us in this movement.
- April 28 - The Distinctives of Wesleyan Fresh Expressions
- May 26 - 21st Century Discipleship (4:30 p.m. CDT start time)
- June 30 - Preaching the Jesus-Story in Diverse Contexts
- July 28 - A Report from the Future: Pioneer Ministry (4:30 p.m. CDT start time)
- August 25 - Fresh Expressions in the Rural Church
- September 29 - Greater Things: Unleashing Christian Innovation
- October 27 - Multicultural Congregations in the Blended Ecology
Watch the archived webinars below:
April 28: The Distinctives of Wesleyan Fresh Expressions