- Discipleship Ministries is one of thirteen international agencies of The United Methodist Church, based in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Discipleship Ministries has over 120 employees that resource The United Methodist Church in the areas of new church starts, leadership development, Christian education, spiritual formation, worship, stewardship, evangelism, and other areas. All age groups are resourced—children through older adults.
- Established in 1972, Discipleship Ministries' primary purpose is to assist annual conferences, districts, and 31,000 local churches of various membership sizes and settings in their efforts to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
- The agency produces high quality resources for local churches, church leaders, individuals, and networks throughout the denomination, and ecumenically through Upper Room Ministries.
- The Upper Room daily devotional guide is published in over 35 languages and in more than 100 countries. It has been published for more than 80 years and is one of the most widely read devotional in the world.
- Discipleship Ministries conducts over 50 major events each year and trains thousands of church leaders in the U. S., and internationally.
- Discipleship Ministries helps give theological guidance to the denomination’s Sunday School and other types of curriculum.