Racial Ethnic Local Church Concerns
Note: Please be sure to open this file in Adobe Reader, not just through your browser window. It is a writeable pdf.
Discipleship Ministries 2013-2016 RELCC Grant Criteria
- The ministry/project must be a project of a local United Methodist church or of the United Methodist connectional system.
- The ministry/project must contribute directly to the mission and ministries of making disciples of Jesus Christ and must be consistent with the doctrine and social principles of the United Methodist 2012 Book of Discipline.
- The ministry/project must focus on developing and strengthening the racial ethnic local church for witness and mission.
- The ministry/project must be related to one or more of the essential services provided by Discipleship Ministries, such as:
- Accountable Discipleship
- Christian Education
- Curriculum Resources
- Family & Life-Span Ministries
- Lay Ministries
- Leadership Development
- Spiritual Formation
- The ministry/project must involve racial ethnic church members in the planning, leadership, and decision-making.
- Priority will be given to new programs. Grants funded in the previous quadrennium of 2009-2012 will not be given priority for funding in 2013-2016. Our emphasis is to fund new entities for the 2013-2016 quadrennium.
- Maximum grant is $10,000.00.
- Funds are not provided for personnel and equipment. Applicants are encouraged to consult with Discipleship Ministries staff for guidance in preparing the application.
Contact for Information: Cheryl LaTanya Walker
(877) 899-2780 ext. 7167 [toll free]