We always seem to be beginning. At least, we have a tendency to speak about how we start our journey of faith. To some, that seems redundant. “We began long ago,” they might think. And that could be true. Yet, each day is a new beginning, a reaffirmation of the desire to be a disciple of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. So, once again, the journey begins.
This series highlights the themes of creation care in a particular way. It is a reminder that God works through the world as it is and that our call to be stewards and to care for creation is still with us and guides our worship and our work.
Let our music enlarge our understanding, rather than attempt to shrink God down into our comfortable ideas. Let us be risky in our language as we acknowledge both the immanence and the transcendence of God, both what can be known and what is unknown about the God we worship.
- Guide Me, O Thou Great Jehovah UMH 127
- O God, Our Help in Ages Past UMH 117
- Freedom Is Coming TFWS 2192
- Deep in the Shadows of the Past TFWS 2246
- Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing UMH 400
- Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone) W&S 3104