Somos del Señor – With a Demonstration
Fellowship – Snacks (10 minutes)
Gathering Time (5-10 minutes). In pairs or groups of three, have participants discuss the following: “Name a time when you were apprehensive or reluctant to trust in someone or something” (friend, coworker, smart phone, or GPS).
- Do you fear being a witness or giving a testimony about your relationship with God? Why or why not?
- If the content of Christianity is a relationship more so than deep knowledge of doctrine, how might this remove some of the burden we might feel for being a witness or evangelist for Christ?
- What might evangelism look like that is focused on sharing the relationship with the Triune God that we already have, rather than on sharing specific information? What might evangelism look like that seeks to discern where God is already at work in the lives of the community we encounter (as opposed to “taking Christ to the world”)?
- The worship planning notes for this lesson observe, “This world is sorely in need of a demonstration of the difference the Spirit makes in our lives each and every day.” How has the Spirit of God made a difference in your life? How do you feel the Spirit is inviting you deeper into transformation now?
- How can this group help you to trust God more?
Prayer (10 minutes). Share prayer requests and respond appropriately.
Sending Forth (2 minutes). End by praying the following or similar prayer:
Faithful God, we are thankful for how you have demonstrated your faithfulness, even when we have been faithless. Empower us to share and demonstrate the difference you have made in our lives and in the lives of those around us. Amen.