Here are some ways to include children in the Christmas Eve service, especially if it is online:
- Have an entire family read scripture and light the Advent wreath.
- Have a child read the scripture text (or part of it) during the service.
- Have an older child light his/her candle from the pastor’s lighting of the Christ candle to begin the passing of the light for “Silent Night” (in-person).
- Have a child place baby Jesus in the nativity at the altar.
- Add a child’s voice to a song during the service.
- Add the clip art Jesus to the shoebox nativity. Baby Jesus - https://www.freechristianillustrations.com/Clipart%20Baby%20Jesus%202%20BW.pdf
Playlist songs: “O, Holy Night” and “Away in the Manger” (recommend TJ McCloud's version taken from his children’s album, What I Love About Christmas).