Generous Church Leadership
A new online curriculum designed to help clergy develop their understanding and confidence for leading congregations toward growth in generosity.
Watch as Rev. Ken Sloane shares what you can expect from this amazing course!
A collaborative work of four general agencies of The United Methodist Church, each session includes:
- Opening Devotions
- Videos with discussion questions
- Case Studies
- Leader /Mentor Guides
- Course Support from leading professionals
- and CEU availability!
The hope for the course is that participants will grow in their understanding of their leadership role in local church finances and will be able to connect and articulate generosity as a key component of a growing, authentic disciple of Jesus Christ.
A 6-Session Series with Topics Including:
- Theology of Money
- Pastor as Generosity Leader
- A Disciple’s Relationship to Money
- Nurturing Generous Leaders
- Generosity the United Methodist Way
- Moving to a Congregational Culture of Generosity
This helpful course is available in three different settings: Online (for individual study) or in Clergy Cohorts (in-person, or remote using tools like Zoom) organized at the annual conference or district level. All designed to help you, your church, and Annual Conference grow in generosity. For more information on planning a Cohort, contact Ken Sloane ([email protected]).
* For clergy whose churches -- due to present financial pressures -- are not able to help with the course fee, please email Ken Sloane ([email protected]) for assistance.