Discipleship Ministries Statement on Nashville School Shooting
NASHVILLE, Tenn. March 27, 2023/Discipleship Ministries/ - Rev. Jeff Campbell, General Secretary/CEO of Discipleship Ministries, offered the following statement after a deadly school shooting in Nashville, Tennessee:
"Our hearts are broken as we hear of yet another shooting, this time in a school here in Nashville. We are praying for the families whose loved ones will not come home today. May we as disciples of the Prince of Peace seek ways to live out our faith to increase love and grace, and decrease harm, hate, and violence."
According to The Tennessean, three children and three adults were killed by a shooter at The Covenant School on Monday, March 27. The suspect was also shot and killed by police.
Recommended resources for faithful response to gun violence:
- 'They Shall Come Weeping'
- Courageous Conversation about Gun Violence
- Courageous Conversations for Youth: Gun Violence
- Conversaciones valientes sobre la violencia con armas de fuego
- Conversaciones valientes para jóvenes: Violencia a causa de las armas de fuego
- 6 School Shooting Resources for Youth Ministry
- Additional resources related to school violence
The mission of Discipleship Ministries is to support annual conference and local church leaders for their task of equipping world-changing disciples. An agency of The United Methodist Church, Discipleship Ministries is located at 1908 Grand Ave. in Nashville, Tenn. For more information, visit www.UMCdiscipleship.org, the Press Center at www.UMCdiscipleship.org/about/press-center or call the Communications Office at (877) 899-2780, Ext. 1726.