Raise Up Your Voice Against Racism
DATE: Tuesday, June 22, 2021
TIME: 5 p.m. PDT, 7 p.m. CDT, 8 p.m. EDT
TOPIC: How to Respond to Racism
Asian American Language Ministry Plan, the New Federation of Asian American United Methodists, and the General Board of Church and Society Present: Raise Up Your Voice Against Racism.
The purpose of these webinars is four-fold. First, the webinars will talk about the reasons why it is importance for the Asian Americans community to RAISE up our voices against racism and stand in solidarity with our Black and Brown brothers and sisters now and always. Secondly, the webinars will educate the audience about racism. The material will be presented from an Asian American perspective. Third, the webinars will dispel the myth that the issue of racism is a White and Black issue – it is not. There are many other communities of color that have suffered from the sting of racism. The Asian American community has not endured years of oppression that the African American community has suffered but our experiences of racism are nonetheless real. Finally, the webinars will teach the participants about four of the UMC Resolutions that speak to the issue of racism.
The eighth webinar, “How to Respond to Racism” will be held on Tuesday, June 22 at 7 p.m. CDT. For more questions, please contact Rev. John Oda at [email protected].
Click the links below to view the previous webinars:
- Webinar 1: Raise Up Your Voice Against Racism: What is Racism and Why Should Asians Get Involved?
- Webinar 2: Raise Up Your Voice Against Racism: Racism from a Young Adult Perspective
- Webinar 3: Raise Up Your Voice Against Racism: Voices From the African American Community
- Webinar 4: Raise Up Your Voice Against Racism: Self-Care and Racism
- Webinar 5: Raise Up Your Voice Against Racism: The Dangers of the Model Minority Myth
- Webinar 6: Raise Up Your Voice Against Racism: The Challenges and the Importance of Cross-Cultural Conversations
- Webinar 7: Raise Up Your Voice Against Racism: Misogyny, Racism, and Asian American Women