- Discipleship Ministries is one of fourteen international agencies of The United Methodist Church, based in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Discipleship Ministries has over 150 employees that resource The United Methodist Church in the areas of new church starts, leadership development, Christian education, spiritual formation, worship, stewardship, evangelism, and other areas. All age groups are resourced—children through older adults.
- Established in 1972, Discipleship Ministries' primary purpose is to assist annual conferences, districts, and 35,000 local churches of various membership sizes and settings in their efforts to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
- Discipleship Ministries is composed of several divisions, including Leadership Resources, Young People’s Ministries, New Church Starts (Path1), Upper Room Ministries, and External Connectional Relations and Strategic Initiatives.
- The agency produces high quality resources for local churches, church leaders, individuals, and networks throughout the denomination, and ecumenically through Upper Room Ministries.
- The Upper Room daily devotional guide is published in over 40 languages and more than 80 editions reaching 2.5 million people daily in 100 countries. It is the most widely read devotional in the world.
- Discipleship Ministries conducts over 50 major events each year and trains thousands of church leaders in the U. S., and internationally.
- Discipleship Ministries helps give theological guidance to the denomination’s Sunday School and other types of curriculum.
- The agency publishes several magazines and more than 50 books annually through Upper Room Ministries. It has three book imprints: Upper Room Books, Fresh Air Books and Discipleship Resources.