Welcome—Who We Are
Who We Are
The model of Jesus’ ministry and focus (Matthew 9:35-38).
- It’s not about us or our institutions, but about building God’s kingdom (Matthew 28:18-20 and 22:37-39).
- Being faithful results in being fruitful (Matthew 25:14-30).
- Our Annual Conferences and their congregations must reflect the diversity that makes up the kingdom of God (Acts 2:1-14).
- Different points of view and“both-and” solutions create more possibilities. There is no one-size fits all solution.
- Partnering with all United Methodist persons and groups that want to be a part of the new church start movement (I Corinthians 12:12-27, Romans 12:4-8).
What We Hope to Accomplish
By 2016, we seek to equip 2,016 church planters who enable Annual Conferences to start 1,000 new congregations that each commits to start a new congregation within their first 10 years thereby, beginning a process that forms millions of new disciples of Jesus Christ within 30 years.The real measure of success will not be in those numbers or in membership increases or improved giving but in the lives that will be touched and drawn to Christ because these new churches were able to reach people who might otherwise not be reached.