The Spring 2016 S.A.G.E. newsletter calls attention to how retirement is changing. The article by Ed Zinkiewicz addresses how retirement has an impact on the church in his article, We’re Not in Our Grandfather’s Retirement Anymore. Dr. Richard Gentzler, in Retirement as a Proactive Experience, talks about his personal experience with retirement and why he has chosen to go back to work parttime. In Retirement Preparation, a Ministry for Churches to Explore, I explore how Church of the Resurrection is ministering to those preparing to retire and those already retired. And Jack Hansen and Jerry Haas, the authors of Shaping A Life of Significance for Retirement, write about the actual needs of those who are retired in their article, Retirement: More Than Money, Much More.
We hope these articles will open up the possibilities of retirement. We also hope the church will see retirement as an opportunity for older-adult ministry with retirees. If the articles are received as intended, our readers will be inspired to renew their commitment to older-adult ministry by creating new ministries with older adults. We trust God that seeds for engaging future retirees in ministry in the church will occur.
This issue contains the following articles and more:
- RETIREMENT REVOLUTION by William Randolph
- RETIREMENT: A PROACTIVE EXPERIENCE by Richard Gentzler, Jr.
- WE’RE NOT IN OUR GRANDFATHER’S RETIREMENT ANY MORE by Ed Zinkiewicz
- RETIREMENT: MORE THAN MONEY, MUCH MORE by Jack Hansen and Jerry Hass
- RETIREMENT PREPARATION: A MINISTRY FOR CHURCHES TO EXPLORE by William Randolph