Helps for a New Appointment
- Holy Communion service for the end of an appointment
- A Beginning IS Change discusses the resistance that often comes with change.
- Preaching resources especially helpful for a first appointment
- 50 Ways to Welcome your New Senior or Associate Pastor is a list of practical helps from the April 28, 2010 e-letter of the Lewis Center for Church Leadership at Wesley Theological Seminary.
- The Pacific Northwest Conference offers transition workshops for clergy who are changing appointments. Basic resources are the books by William Bridges: Transitions: Making Sense of Life’s Change or Managing Transitions: Making the Most of Change.
- Worship Liturgy for Saying Good-bye to a Pastor and for Welcoming a Pastor are in the United Methodist Book of Worship.