Family Faith Formation Resources
As United Methodists we believe the family is the primary community through which persons enter into life, experience God's love, and grow in their faith and relationship with God and neighbor. We affirm that families come in different shapes and sizes and we hope that our resources will equip every family in the diverse body of Christ for the holy work of loving God and neighbor. Listed below are resources to assist leaders in the work of equipping, guiding, and supporting families in faith formation at home. These resources might also be helpful to parents, grandparents, and other care givers. If something is missing please let us know. Blessings to you and your ministry.
Books and Online Resources
- A Disciple’s Journal: A Guide for Daily Prayer, Bible Reading, and Discipleship, Steven W. Manskar
- A Family Guide for A Disciple’s Journal, Tanya Eustace
- After I Buried My Son, I Learned to Grieve With Hope, Melanie DeSimone
- A Homemade Year, Jerusalem Greer
- A Faith-made Year. Jerusalem Greer
- The Family Blessing, Rolf Garborg
- Family Faith Formation: Living with the Holy
- Family Time with God: Bible Story Activities for Every Day, Peg Augustine
- Family Ministry: A Comprehensive Guide, Diana R. Garland
- Hurry Less Worry Less for Families, Judy Christie
- Little Box of Big Questions, Irvine Gersch and Anna Lipscomb
- Living in God’s Time: A Parent’s Guide to Nurturing Children Through the Christian Year, Margaret Persky
- Moonbeam: A Book of Meditations for Children, Maureen Garth
- Nurturing faith in families: 425 creative ideas for family ministry, Jolene L. Roehlkepartain
- Our Share of Night, Our Share of Morning: Parenting As a Spiritual Journey, Nancy Fuchs
- Passing it On, Kara Oliver
- Picturebook Theology, Hanna Schock
- Pockets Magazine, Lynn Gilliam, ed.
- Praying in Color, Sybil MacBeth
- Praying in Color: Kids’ Edition, Sybil MacBeth
- Real Kids, Real Faith: Practices for Nurturing Children’s Spiritual Lives, Karen-Marie Yust
- Scrambled Starts, Jenny Youngman
- Sleeping with Bread: Holding on to what give you life, Matthew, Sheila, and Dennis Linn
- Starbright: Meditations for Children, Maureen Garth
- The Power of God at Home: Nurturing Our Children in Love and Grace, J. Wigger
- Together We Pray: A Prayer Book for Families, J. Wigger
- Journeying with God & Each Other — A monthly resource with tools for you and your families as you connect with God and each other at home, work, school, and play.
- Staying Connected — A bi-monthly resource with tools for you as you lead families in faith formation.
- View Family Faith Formation Newsletter archives »