Helpful UMC Resources
- Social Principles & Social Creed – The Social Creed is basic statement of guiding convictions about our relationship with God and others. The Social Principles expands on these convictions focusing on our relationship with the world. While the Social Principles are in the Book of Discipline of the United Methodist Church they are not binding but serve as helpful guides to our thinking.
- Three General Rules – Designed originally by John Wesley for small groups known as bands and societies, these rules are helpful growth as a disciple as well as in guiding the tone of our conversations.
- Doing no harm.
- Doing good.
- Attending all the ordinances of God.
- UMC.org - Official Website of the United Methodist Church
- Basics of Our Faith – Learn more about the basics of what United Methodist believe and information on our standards of doctrine.
- General Commission on Religion and Race – Vital Conversations – Checkout GCORR’s helpful videos and guides
Other helpful links and articles
- Fostering Conversations That Connect by Lovett Weems
- How to Address the Hot Topics by Adam Hamilton
- Three Reasons (Not) to Avoid Hard Conversations this Holiday Season by Jeremiah Gibbs