New Church Starts
Need some planting ideas and best practices?
Planting success comes from many sources, including the right foundations, strategies and best practices. As plants and planters move through the seasons of church planting, new challenges arise that need constant attention and sometimes require course corrections.
In developing a planting plan tailored to a unique communtiy context, consider how appropriately the planter matches the needs and challenges of the community. Allow benchmarks to guide decisions related to strategy, ministry fruitfulness and leadership effectiveness. Resist the temptation to launch weekly worship prematurely; instead build an infrastructure of small groups, ministry teams, and mission teams before launching weekly worship. Ministry multiplication within discipleship systems will lay the foundation for success and sustainability of the church plant.
Resources in the "Plant" area include:
- Characteristics of New United Methodist Churches
- Lay Missionary Planting Network Bilingual Flyer
- Information about the 7 Seasons of Church Planting
- Common Planting Strategies currently used within the United Methodist denomination
- Best Practices for church planting in a United Methodist context
- High-Potential Traits for new church planters
- Recruiting Pastors from Other Denominations or Christian Traditions
- Multiplication Dynamics for new and local United Methodist churches
- District Superintendent as Chief Missional Strategist
- African American Church Planting Research Report
Still have questions about planting? Looking for additional resources? Contact us.