New Church Starts
Path1 New Church Starts is the denominational church-planting movement encompassing national, regional and local levels of The United Methodist Church. We provide collaborative leadership to re-evangelize the United States so that we might reach more people, more young people, and more diverse people for Christ by creating new places for new people. Path 1 seeks to cultivate the leaders, develop the systems and implement the strategies necessary to regain our healthy denominational habit of starting one new church a day.
Learn more about:
- What's Important To Us...
- What We Hope to Accomplish...
- Who's At The Table...
- How we're supported through the World Service Fund...
What's Important To Us
- The model of Jesus’ ministry and focus (Matthew 9:35-38).
- It’s not about us or our institutions, but about building God’s kingdom (Matthew 28:18-20 and 22:37-39).
- Being faithful results in being fruitful (Matthew 25:14-30).
- Our Annual Conferences and their congregations must reflect the diversity that makes up the kingdom of God (Acts 2:1-14).
- Different points of view and“both-and” solutions create more possibilities. There is no one-size fits all solution.
- Partnering with all United Methodist persons and groups that want to be a part of the new church start movement (I Corinthians 12:12-27, Romans 12:4-8).