New Church Starts
Path1 New Church Starts is the denominational church-planting movement encompassing national, regional and local levels of The United Methodist Church. We provide collaborative leadership to re-evangelize the United States so that we might reach more people, more young people, and more diverse people for Christ by creating new places for new people. Path 1 seeks to cultivate the leaders, develop the systems and implement the strategies necessary to regain our healthy denominational habit of starting one new church a day.
Learn more about:
- What's Important To Us...
- What We Hope to Accomplish...
- Who's At The Table...
- How we're supported through the World Service Fund...
What's Important To Us
- The model of Jesus’ ministry and focus (Matthew 9:35-38.
- It’s not about us or our institutions, but about building God’s kingdom (Matthew 28:18-20 and 22:37-39).
- Being faithful results in being fruitful (Matthew 25:14-30).
- Our Annual Conferences and their congregations must reflect the diversity that makes up the kingdom of God (Acts 2:1-14).
- Different points of view and“both-and” solutions create more possibilities. There is no one-size fits all solution.
- Partnering with all United Methodist persons and groups that want to be a part of the new church start movement (I Corinthians 12:12-27, Romans 12:4-8).
By 2016, we seek to equip 2,016 church planters who enable Annual Conferences to start 1,000 new congregations that each commits to start a new congregation within their first 10 years thereby, beginning a process that forms millions of new disciples of Jesus Christ within 30 years.The real measure of success will not be in those numbers or in membership increases or improved giving but in the lives that will be touched and drawn to Christ because these new churches were able to reach people who might otherwise not be reached.