Orientation of New Developers & Missional Strategists
Atlanta, GA | July 11-12
The North Georgia Annual Conference will host this year’s Orientation of New Developers & Missional Strategists on July 11 and 12, 2022. For those who plan to arrive early on Sunday, July 10, there will be an informal gathering at Smyrna First United Methodist Church in Smyrna, GA. The church will also serve as the host for this two-day event.
Here are the topics to be offered at this event:
- Vitalization and Revitalization: Concepts, Trends, Practices, Tools, and Systems
- Paragraph 213 and Church Closures in connection to Finance and Trustees
- New Church Development: Concepts, Trends, Practices, Tools, and Systems
- Racial & Ethnic Ministries and Multiethnic & Multicultural Faith Communities
- Fresh Expressions United Methodist (FXUM)
- Developer's Relationship to Bishop and Cabinet and Conference System for New and Vital Congregational Development
- Relationship to the National Congregational Developers Network
The registration fee is $50. There will also be an optional Atlanta Braves game on Monday, July 11, for an additional $20. (Please choose the "Register Attendee + Braves Game" option at checkout.) Each participant will be responsible for airfare, lodging, and other travel-related expenses.
Click here to book a room at the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton at the Battery Atlanta. Register by June 26, 2022, to take advantage of the group discounted rate.
Who will attend?
- Developers who started on July 1, 2021, and will begin on July 1, 2022.
- Current developers who have been in this role for several years and feel the need to take a refresher course and initiate a working relationship with new colleagues.
- Missional strategists, including district superintendents and leaders in both the district and conference levels that lead or are involved in either or both revitalization and church planting projects.
If you have questions about this event, please contact those listed below: