Discipleship Resources International
Philippines Central Conference
Philippines Centra Conference
Baguio Episcopal Area – Bishop Pedro Torio
Manila Episcopal Area – Bishop Rudolpho Juan
Davao Episcopal Area – Bishop Cerre Francisco
2010 – present
Team Name: Discipleship Resources, Philippines
Team Leader: Jay Cunanan-Canlas
Team Coordinator: Earlie Pasion-Bautiste
DRI Representative to Asia: Earlie Pasion-Bautiste
- UMC Disciples of Christ Primer
- Creating A Life with God by Daniel Wolpert
- Job Descriptions and Leadership Training in the UMC
- 10 FAQs of New Christians/Christian Faith-Sharing – an evangelism and new membership guide
- Jollyboats: Journeying through College by Earlie Pasion – a guide for college students, can be used in campus ministry
- General Services for Christian Worship
- Five Practices of Fruitful Congregations by Bishop Robert Schnase
- Accountable Discipleship – A covenant discipleship group guide in a Wesleyan approach/context
- Start Up by Mighty Rasing – a career and calling guide for college graduates, career shifters and explorers
Bible Studies/Sunday School Material
- Panagdaliasatiti Pammati Dagiti Babbaii ti Biblia (Faith Journey of Women in the Bible) by Amor David
- Bible Study Tagalog Series by Rhoneil Arevalo
- Pagtatagumpay sa Ating Kahinaan
- Pagharap sa mga Suliranin
- Mga Gabay sa Paglagong Cristiano
- Ang Biblia at Ilang Usaping Praktikal
- Siled ti Kararag (Upper Room Daily Devotional Guide in Ilokano)
- The Upper Room Daily Devotional Guide (English) – with New Day Publishers
- The Upper Room Disciplines – Lectionary-based yearly devotional resource
- A Savior is Born, an advent material, by Bishop Daniel Arichea
GOandTELL Values Education Series – a complete Nursery to Grade 12 values education textbook for use in our schools. The pre-elementary textbooks are a pioneering subject integrated textbooks that covers all the subjects with Values Education as the core guide. While the textbooks for Grades 1 to 12 are solely Values Education. This textbook series utilizes the story-telling approach Jesus used in conveying His message and the Mediated Learning Experience (MLE) to clarify and lead the pupils/students to learning core Values and subject areas.
- The Upper Room Devotional Writing Workshop – A writing seminar and workshop application on writing devotional/meditational materials
- Job Descriptions and Leadership Training – A gift-discovery and leading guide for the Church Council and Committees
- Jollyboats Course and Career Preference Seminar – A seminar to guide 3rd/4th year high school students to choose their would be courses in College
E-Readers for Theological Education
Finally, we are happy to announce that the E-Reader for Theological Education Project has arrived in the Philippines through DR-P on behalf of the GBOD and GBHEM. We delivered the first batch of tablets to our school-partner, Wesley Divinity School and are scheduled next at the John Wesley College. The objective of the E-Reader project is to provide faculty and students a wider and personal access to educational and research materials that will be helpful as they fulfill their courses.
The Philippines publishing team launched in January 2010 following a two-week exploratory visit and a request from the Board of Christian Discipleship for assistance with rejuvenating the development of resources for discipleship. In May and June, the team developed its first publishing plan under DRI’s guidance, chose Jay and Earlie as it’s leaders, and set out to address the UMC’s need for affordable, contextually appropriate resources that reflect the Wesleyan tradition. The list and variety of DRO resources reflect the fruitfulness of the team, which serves the entire Philippine Central Conference (PCC).
DRP works in concert with the Board of Christian Education and Discipleship (BCED) of the PCC, which focuses on curriculum development and leadership training. DRP’s stated purpose is “to be a publishing enterprise that leads its readers to relationship with Christ, serves as an instrument for deepening faith, and acts as a partner of the Church in its ministries.”
DRP began with a focus on small book resources that met basic church needs, including restoration of the Ilocano edition of The Upper Room. While always developing its array of book offerings and indigenous Bible studies and devotional materials, DRP gave some special attention to two long-term challenges: 1) marketing and distributing resources across a nation of islands and 2) the search for a few profitable products that could help float other publishing projects important to the church. In addition to developing centers for distribution and sales in key locations of the three episcopal areas, the team began to offer resources to annual conference sessions and to lead workshops for teachers and leaders. In 2013, the team discovered and responded to the need for values textbooks for UM schools across the Philippines and other church schools. Today, DRP co-publishes the GoAndTell Values Education Series, which both fills a great gap in Christian formation curriculum of church schools and continues to show promise as a contributor to financial sustainability.
In 2014, Earlie Pasion-Bautiste on behalf of DRP took responsibility to bring the E-readers for Theological Education to the UM seminaries in the Philippines. In January 2016, Earlie agreed to serve on the extended DRI team as the DRI Representative to Asia.