World Council of Churches 2021: Assembly Worship - Guidelines for Submission to the Prayer and Music Resource
Prayer and Music Resources
Guidelines for Submission
World Council of Churches
The 11th General Assembly of the World Council of Churches will take place in Karlsruhe, Germany in September 2021. The theme for this next assembly is - Christ’s Love Moves the World to Reconciliation and Unity. The WCC general secretary Rev. Dr Olav Fykse Tveit offers this note,
“The theme will help to focus on the ecumenical movement as a movement of love, seeking to follow Christ and witness to Christ’s love - expressed in the search for justice and peace, and unity based on that. The one human family needs love and needs to love to face our future together.” (WCC Press Release, January 10, 2019)
The Assembly Worship Planning Committee (AWPC) of the World Council of Churches (WCC) will consider submissions of prayer and music materials to be used at the 11th General Assembly. Below are the guidelines to be followed as you consider submitting materials:
1. The AWPC makes the following assumptions of submitted material:
- The material is written by you.
- The material has not been simultaneously submitted to other publishers for publication.
- Unless indicated otherwise, the material is not currently published or held under copyright. Please cite any additional writers or copyright holders directly on the scores.
2. We require complete music scores for submission. Desired instrumental accompaniment and vocal part-singing of any kind need to be fully notated, including any percussion.
3. Please do not send originals; a clear copy is all that is required. Submissions by seafile are preferred, (see point 15 with the link). If you have any difficulties, please email [email protected]. Submissions sent by regular mail will not be returned.
4. Although not required, we do appreciate receiving a recording of the work e.g. CD or MP3 (when submitting electronically) of a performance of the work, especially for more complex compositions.
5. Music submissions need to be in PDF, Finale, or Sibelius file format only.
6. Prayer submissions need to be in PDF, MS Word or Rich Text Format only.
7. Please include your complete contact information including phone(s) and email.
8. You will receive confirmation that we have received your submission only if an email address is provided.
9. The review may take up to 90 days from the receipt of your submission. You are free to withdraw your work from consideration at any time.
10. If we are interested in your work, you will receive a letter of intent with details regarding copyright information and formal request for pro bono one-occasion use by the WCC for its 11th General Assembly. You will retain the copyright of your work. Your copyright permission will be included in the collection.
11. If your work is not selected, we will notify you via email (if an email address is provided).
12. Every submission will be reviewed by a dedicated committee. However, due to the expected large number of submissions, we regret that explanation of our decision-making is not feasible.
13. Although you may submit as many scores as you wish, we recommend that you send no more than five or six of your best pieces that are based on theme and the biblical texts from which this theme is drawn: 2 Corinthians 5: 14, 18 – 21.
14. This invitation for submission concludes on 31 March 2020 (2359 hr GMT).
15. We invite you to send your submission electronically by using the following link: https://seafile.ecucenter.org/u/d/7ccbe280f15a41fdbbeb/
By regular mail to:
Submissions - Prayer and Music Resource
11th General Assembly of World Council of Churches
World Council of Churches
Route de Ferney 150
P O Box 2100
CH. 1211 Geneva 2
For additional questions, you may also contact:
Geneva, 01 November 2019