Stories of Impact: The Wesleyan Church Planting Series
By Doug Ruffle
Church leaders across the country tell stories of the impact of Path 1’s book series, “Wesleyan Church Planting.” Starting this January, church leaders will have an opportunity to share their joy about receiving news of these stories and will give us updates on the import and impact these books have had.
Path 1’s “Wesleyan Church Planting Book Series” will highlight stories from an array of authors through six mini-webinars. In January, we will hear from Michael Baughman, primary author of Flipping Church.
“It’s great to hear consistently from church planters across the country that the stories lifted up in Flipping Church not only gave them ideas for ways they can craft a creative new church start, but also that the stories gave pastors of existing churches courage to experiment with bold innovation,” Baughman said. “This, more than anything else, makes me proud to be a part of a project like Flipping Church.”
Tune in to the monthly mini-webinars (approximately 30-45 minutes) starting Tuesday, January 26, at 10 a.m. Central Time. The series schedule follows (all times Central):
- Tuesday, January 26 at 10 a.m. – Flipping Church with Rev. Michael Baughman, founding pastor and executive director for Union Coffee in Dallas, Texas.
- Tuesday, February 23 at 10 a.m. – Failing Boldly: How Falling Down in Ministry Can Raise You Up with Rev. Christian Coon, co-founding pastor of Urban Village in Chicago, Illinois; currently serving as pastor of Emerging Ministries at Urban Village Church and River Forest United Methodist Church.
- Tuesday, March 23 at 10 a.m. – A Missionary Mindset with Rev. Dr. Douglas Ruffle, Director of Community Engagement and Church Planting Resources at Path 1.
- Tuesday, April 20 at 10 a.m. – Small Church Check-up with Rev. Phil Schroeder, senior pastor of Dunwoody United Methodist Church in Dunwoody, Georgia; and Kay Kotan, founder and owner of You Unlimited (coaching, consulting, and training company) and author or co-author of more than sixteen books.
- Tuesday, May 18 at 10 a.m. – Don’t Look Down with Rev. Rosario Picardo, co-founding pastor at Mosaic, a new multicultural church in Dayton, Ohio.
- Tuesday, June 22 at 10 a.m. – Lay Planter Training with Dr. Bener Agtarap, Executive Director of Community Engagement and Church Planting/Path1 and Dr. Douglas Ruffle.
Each webinar will introduce the author or authors. They will share why they wrote their book and at least one story of impact that the book has had on readers. The audience will be able to ask questions and gain insights on how best to use the resources to energize their ministries in local churches.
These mini-webinars will be helpful to church planters and leaders of existing churches who want to learn from the innovation of new ministries for their own setting.