High Impact Residency Program Moves Online
Matt Temple, Associate Director for Church Development in North Texas, will be leading monthly Zoom webinars on a range of topics related to church planting. These webinars are free and open to clergy and laity who are either discerning a call to plant or in the early stages of planting.
Here's the layout of the training:
Path 1 Planters Residency 2021-22 Monthly Webinar Schedule
March 9, 2021
Webinar 1: Introduction and Understanding Ourselves and Our Call to Plant
- Thirty-thousand-foot view of the planting process (listen and engage context; form connected relationships; love and serve your community; gather a faith community; explore discipleship rhythms).
- Stages of development and metrics.
- Milestones to consider at each stage.
- Understand your own call to plant (share the convergence activity – how does planting fit into your own story?).
April 13, 2021
Webinar 2: Why Plant Churches?
- Look at planting legacy in The United Methodist Church.
- Participants share their own “Why” statements.
- Focus on innovation and the post-Christendom context and what that means for planting.
- Unpack the three primary motivations/paradigms for planting (confessional, church growth, innovation).
May 11, 2021
Webinar 3: Church Planting and Leading in a Digital Age
- Variety – Don’t get stuck on repeat.
- Engagement is the new gold standard.
- Build teams, empower people, develop leaders.
- Use social media.
June 8, 2021
Webinar 4: Mission-Centered Church
- “God does not have a mission for the church but a church for the mission.” In this webinar, we will discuss the central call of the church to be on mission with God in the world.
- Look at how colonialism has distorted our calling and affected planting.
- Talk about guesting and hosting.
July 13, 2021
Webinar 5: Identifying Mosaics and Developing a Listening Strategy
Where do I start listening to my context and meeting new people?
- Continue conversations around guesting and hosting.
- Look at where to go to practice guesting and practical ways to do that.
- Discuss how to make and track new contacts. Participants will learn how to exegete their context and understand why that is important.
- Discuss three models of listening from anthropology.
- Introduce new tools, including MissionInsite and Gloo.
August 10, 2021
Webinar 6: Gospel and Evangelism
- What is the gospel and how do we make it meaningful?
- What is ethical evangelism?
September 14, 2021
Webinar 7: Doing One-to-Ones
- One-to-ones are simple tools developed by community organizers for listening, connecting, and organizing people around their passions.
October 12, 2021
Webinar 8: Starting Something
- Participants discuss how to start something using the process laid out in the book Get Together.
November 9, 2021
Webinar 9: Building Your Core Team
- Forming, storming, norming, performing.
- Finding and building a team.
December 14, 2021
Webinar 10: Creating a Community Identity
- Planters will discuss how to develop an identity for their new congregation.
- Planters and their teams will work with tools to create their new identity.
January 11, 2022
Webinar 11: Creating a Rule of life
- Staying healthy and whole as leaders while doing the work of planting.
- Creating a rule of life and sharing stories of burn out.
- Discussing fear and failure.
February 8, 2022
Webinar 12: Creating a Vision/Leading Strategically
- Breaking down tasks, identifying milestones, and developing a timeline.
- Beginning to prepare final planting plan for church developers.