Introducing the High Impact Residency Program
By Bener Agtarap
A Church Planting Webinar Series
Join Matt Temple, Associate Director for Church Development in North Texas, as he leads a monthly webinar series all about church planting.
In this amazing program you’ll look at the big picture and the developmental process of church planting and will dive deep into conversations covering a range of helpful topics.
- Listening and Engaging Context,
- Forming Connected Relationships,
- Loving and Serving the Community,
- Gathering a Faith Community,
- Exploring Discipleship Rhythms,
- And Many More!
If you are discerning to start a new faith community or currently working in a church planting team in your area, Path 1 invites you to join these monthly Zoom webinars.
Available for FREE and open to both clergy and laity.
The first webinar starts Tuesday, April 13.
Path 1 Planters Residency 2021-22 Monthly Webinar Schedule
(Note: Each webinar takes place at 1 p.m. Central time.)
April 13, 2021
Webinar 1: Introduction and Understanding Ourselves and Our Call to Plant
- Thirty-thousand-foot view of the planting process (listen and engage context; form connected relationships; love and serve your community; gather a faith community; explore discipleship rhythms).
- Stages of development and metrics.
- Milestones to consider at each stage.
- Understand your own call to plant (share the convergence activity – how does planting fit into your own story?).
May 11, 2021
Webinar 2: Why Plant Churches?
- Look at planting legacy in The United Methodist Church.
- Participants share their own “Why” statements.
- Focus on innovation and the post-Christendom context and what that means for planting.
- Unpack the three primary motivations/paradigms for planting (confessional, church growth, innovation).
June 8, 2021
Webinar 3: Church Planting and Leading in a Digital Age
- Variety – Don’t get stuck on repeat.
- Engagement is the new gold standard.
- Build teams, empower people, develop leaders.
- Use social media.
July 13, 2021
Webinar 4: Mission-Centered Church
- “God does not have a mission for the church but a church for the mission.” In this webinar, we will discuss the central call of the church to be on mission with God in the world.
- Look at how colonialism has distorted our calling and affected planting.
- Talk about guesting and hosting.
August 10, 2021
Webinar 5: Identifying Mosaics and Developing a Listening Strategy
Where do I start listening to my context and meeting new people?
- Continue conversations around guesting and hosting.
- Look at where to go to practice guesting and practical ways to do that.
- Discuss how to make and track new contacts. Participants will learn how to exegete their context and understand why that is important.
- Discuss three models of listening from anthropology.
- Introduce new tools, including MissionInsite and Gloo.
September 14, 2021
Webinar 6: Gospel and Evangelism
- What is the gospel and how do we make it meaningful?
- What is ethical evangelism?
October 12, 2021
Webinar 7: Doing One-to-Ones
- One-to-ones are simple tools developed by community organizers for listening, connecting, and organizing people around their passions.
November 9, 2021
Webinar 8: Starting Something
- Participants discuss how to start something using the process laid out in the book Get Together.
December 14, 2021
Webinar 9: Building Your Core Team
- Forming, storming, norming, performing.
- Finding and building a team.
January 11, 2022
Webinar 10: Creating a Community Identity
- Planters will discuss how to develop an identity for their new congregation.
- Planters and their teams will work with tools to create their new identity.
February 8, 2022
Webinar 11: Creating a Rule of life
- Staying healthy and whole as leaders while doing the work of planting.
- Creating a rule of life and sharing stories of burn out.
- Discussing fear and failure.
March 8, 2022
Webinar 12: Creating a Vision/Leading Strategically
- Breaking down tasks, identifying milestones, and developing a timeline.
- Beginning to prepare final planting plan for church developers.