Vision and Mission
To challenge and support local church and annual conference leaders for their task of making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
Discipleship Ministries aspires to see a vital and vibrant church on fire to transform the world.
Our Expanded Vision:
Formed in 1972, Discipleship Ministries envisions a vital and vibrant church on fire to transform the world. We strive to build passion for making disciples of Jesus Christ, and we focus on equipping God’s people for this essential task.
Equipping World-Changing Disciples
Our Primary Work:
Resourcing, Consulting, Training, Networking
Our Scriptural Values:
Discipleship Ministries bases its life and work on the scriptural mandates contained in the five following biblical texts:
- The Great Commandment – Matthew 22:37-39 – Love of God and neighbor underscores all of our activity.
- The Great Commitment – Matthew 16:24 – We willingly surrender to God’s call in all of our work.
- The Great Requirement – Micah 6:8 – We seek always to do the right thing, even if it is not the easy thing.
- The Great Commission – Matthew 28:19-20 – Our task and joy are to bring others into the fellowship of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
- The Great Redemption – John 3:16 – We approach our work understanding that each human being, community, and situation has redemptive possibility.
Our Behavioral Values:
We recognize the following guiding values as complementary to our scriptural mandates and seek to live out these values in our management style and corporate life together:
- Listening to God – We continually listen to God’s call, are attentive to Christ’s presence, and follow the leading of the Holy Spirit.
- Focusing on Customers – We strive to be in partnership with the church recognizing that the success of our mission depends on our willingness and ability to listen to and understand the church’s needs and to respond quickly with quality resources and excellent services.
- Celebrating with Thankfulness – We celebrate our work, our relationships, our giftedness, and the opportunity to serve God and God’s church through an attitude of thankfulness.
- Valuing Diversity – We seek to staff our workplace with persons who reflect the diversity of the global church we serve.
- Working with Integrity – We conduct our work with integrity by being direct, honest, sincere and clear about our decisions and priorities.
- Being a Trusted Partner – We seek to be a trusted partner with congregations and conferences delivering the highest quality and most cost-effective resources supporting a holistic disciple-making process within the context of spiritual formation and leadership development.
- Exercising Fiduciary Responsibility – We exercise our fiduciary responsibility with excellence through well-trained staff, appropriate monitoring controls, internal and external committees and auditors, and thorough reporting.